Paris Diamond Way Buddhist centre is a lay centre belonging to the Karma Kagyu lineage of Tibetan buddhism, founded by Lama Ole Nydahl under the spiritual guidance of His Holiness the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje. Our Buddhist meditation centres and groups are places where people can learn to meditate and receive authentic Buddhist teachings in a friendly, modern context.
Diamond Way Buddhist centres function through voluntary work on the basis of friendship and idealism. Our Buddhist centres offer a regular introduction to Buddhism, guided meditation classes, Buddhist courses, and Buddhist teachings by visiting Tibetan and Western Buddhist teachers and lamas such as Karmapa Thaye Dorje and Lama Ole Nydahl.
Guided meditations :
- On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8:30pm : guided meditation in French on the 16th Karmapa (opening at 8:00pm)
- On Sundays at 6:30pm : guided meditation in English on the 16th Karmapa (opening at 6pm)
- Location : Paris Diamond Way Buddhist Centre, 36 rue Traversière 75012 Paris
- The Buddhist center is closed between December 24th 2013 and January 2nd 2014. It will open again on the 3rd of January with a public lecture. We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year !
- Our public meditation is open to beginners.
- It lasts around 30 minutes.
- All our meditations are free of charges. Our regular practitioners are kindly invited to contribute to our everyday expenses.
- There’s no need to bring any cushion or any specific clothes.
- Half an hour before our meditation starts, and after it’s over, you may receive an introduction to meditation and to Buddhism and answers to your questions on these topics.