© 2018 Diamond Way Buddhism France
Diamond Way Buddhist centers are friendly places where you can get easy access to Buddhist teachings, learn to meditate, and meet other people who practice Buddhism while living modern lives. There are 750 lay Diamond Way Buddhist centers around the world, so it’s likely that there is one near you browse our list of centers by country. If you’d like to find out a center close to your place, please browse the list of centers by country
When visiting a Buddhist center for the first time, you may expect to have your questions about Buddhism answered, be shown a guided meditation suitable for beginners, and have time to socialize with the other practitioners.
Different Buddhist centers offer various programs. Our larger centers hold meditation courses and lectures held by our Karma Kagyu lamas, and all of them give regular talks and explanations by Lay Buddhist teachers. There is always an opportunity to learn and practice the meditation on the 16th Karmapa, which is short enough for busy Westerners to incorporate into their schedule, and at the same time an extremely effective way to train their mind.
The centers were founded by Hannah and Lama Ole Nydahl under the spiritual guidance of His Holiness the 16th Karmapa. All our centers are directed by Lama Ole Nydahl under the spiritual guidance of His Holiness the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje.
In France, Diamond Way Buddhism centers are located in Paris and in provinces.
Guided regular meditations in Paris and provinces :
The centers have an open and transparent structure and function on the basis of friendship, idealism and voluntary work. Their members share the responsibility for guiding meditations, answering questions, and giving explanations. Public meditation open to public including beginners, lasts around half an hour and is free of charges details here
- Coordinates of Diamond Way Budhhist Centre-Paris :
36 rue Traversiere
75012 Paris (12th arrondissement)
Metro: Gare de Lyon (sortie 6)
- Schedule : the center is open every Monday at 7:30 pm and every Wednesday at 8 pm, one can get explanations followed by a guided 16th Karmapa meditation (in English on Monday and in French on Wednesday).
- Public sessions are free of charges and open to beginners. Meditation texts, books and magazines are available in the Centre.
- Alongside the regular meditations, we organize regularly lectures given by Lama Ole disciples, The specific events once available are posted on the right corners under the tithe “prochains événements”.
- accomodation nearby
- Coordinates of the Centers located in Provinces here
Diamond Way Buddhism France is a member of :